What is happening next week in BOOK WEEK?

Next week we will welcome and celebrate 

…wait for the drum roll…

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

Book Wee!

Book Week Is the longest running children’s festival in Australia.

The first took place in 1945 and was a celebration of our being ”United by Books”

Each year, schools and public libraries across Australia spend a week celebrating books and Australian authors and illustrators. Classroom teachers, teacher librarians and public librarians develop activities, offer competitions and tell stories relating to a theme to highlight the importance of reading.

This year the theme of Book Week is

Connect to Reading/Reading to Connect:

Connect to reading is about enjoying the experience of exploring story, and travelling to other worlds.

Reading to connect is about how reading also helps us to create a bond with others. In the contemporary world we also read to connect through a variety of media.

Here is what you need to know and

what you need to do to get ready for

a week of performances, excursions, special events, activities, competitions celebrating books and reading and our connections to both:

BOOK WEEK 2014 Timetable

LIBRARY BUDDIES READ-IN 2014 Timetable

What are you doing/thinking about 

to get ready to celebrate?

24 thoughts on “What is happening next week in BOOK WEEK?

1. Hi Miss Nadja,
    The activities and excursions that you arranged for us were really fun. I loved the excursion to the Melbourne Museum. It was fascinating and a fun way to learn the history of Australia and the world. When we went in to watch how the world was created I was so captured in the moment that it felt like the Earth was forming was happening around me right then! Thankyou so much Miss Nadja for ths fun Book Week! I will never forget it when I leave this school!

1. Tracey thank you! I could not have hoped for more: I am very happy to know that my efforts provided you with a great learning experience that was fun and memorable! See u in the Library!

2. Hi miss nadja
    I really did enjoy book week a lot and this might be my favourite book week out of all the book weeks that I have participated in. Thank you miss nadja for creating lots of activities which were fun and also enjoyable. The dot to dot one would be my favourite one; it was a bit of a challenge but I tried my best and finished all of it.
    THANK YOU MISS NADJA

3. I am so exited to read the book I chose for my buddy
    which is ‘FOX by Margaret Wild and Ron Brooks’ I hope he likes it?

1. Vincent your buddy will LOVE that story! It is MY all time favourite! Let me know what your buddy thought.

4. Dear Miss Nadja,
    I really like book week it is very exciting i cant wait for thursday because we get to read with our buddies.
    🙂 Also your blog is very interesting.
    Tina

5. Wow I’m so excited for book week! The bad side is that we have an Excursion on Tuesday so we can’t dress up.

6. Hi Miss Nadja,

Today is the first day of Book Week! I’m so excited to be able to participate, sadly this is the last book week that I will be participating in since this is my last year here. So I WILL make the best of it.

From an excited, GennyK

7. I’m so happy that you chose to do these thing for book week! But the only thing is that for dot day I don’t have anything to wear but I’ll find something. I’m so excited!

8. Great WORK!!! Miss. Nadja now you have, really outdone yourself and have organised what seems to be an amazing week, in celebration to great Australian books, authors and illustrators!! I know that i speak on behalf of my class for saying that this will be an enjoyable week!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!! 🙂

9. Gee Miss Nadja, can’t wait till Book Week! I will also participate in the activities and events that you have organised for us all. It’s going to be an awesome week like always!

10. I can’t wait for Book Week! I will do so and participate in the events and little challenges you have organised for us. It’s going to be a fabulous week!

11. Dear Miss Nadja,
    I am really looking into book week! I’m so excited I got everything ready for next week! YAY 🙂

12. This book week, I want to participate activities more often, I do not often join in book week in the past few years of school but now I feel like I am more apart of book week. I am really looking forward to book week. Want to have great fun. 🙂

13. Hi Mrs Nadja,

Thank you for planning all the great activites and everything so that we
    all can participate in this year’s book week.

14. I cannot wait until book week Ms Nadja!! I Just read the timetable and so far it looks like it is going to be an awesome week.

15. Hello Miss Nadja,

During Book Week I will participate and get involved in the events that you will organized.

1. I AM EXCITED that YOU ARE ALL EXCITED that WE WILL BE celebrating BOOK WEEK TOGETHER starting Monday! Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm – it fuels my enthusiasm – and for your compliments about the events I have planned for our enjoyment and enrichment next week! Keep your eyes and ears and minds open during lunchtimes for daily competitions to challenge us to make connections and keep us smiling while we are thinking hard!